Published 17. Apr. 2017
Good is the Enemy of Excellent in Customer Experience Delivery
IoT product development challenges existing R&D thinking and enables more impactful product development.
“Customer experience is a way of working that penetrates the whole organization and its processes. It is more than systems or capabilities – it is a company culture,” says Intrum Justitia Oy’s Veli-Pekka Harjuoja.
At Intrum Justitia Oy, customer experience means providing superior customer service for clients and their customers, as well as their own colleagues, “For us, superior customer experience is a way of working and we ensure this by constant measurement and development. To provide not only good but superior customer service is written in our strategy.”
Making the customer happy is hardly new in business, in fact, it’s something they live by. So, why is it being said over and over? What has changed from customer satisfaction delivery then and now?
Harjuoja thinks that hyper intense competition plays a role, “Companies realized they can’t afford to lose customers anymore. So, now they must come first, and each and every one of them counts.”
4 Cs of Customer Experience
- Customer-Centricity – One characteristic of a truly customer-centric organization is customer experience being part of top management’s strategic focus, so much so that it trickles systematically down to all operations. In service development, one way to ensure closeness with customers is continuous communication and active listening.
- Context – Aside from competition, companies must also consider context. When clients, for example, trust a company with not only their credit management functions, but also with a part of their customer service, it becomes imperative for the company to deliver the same service their clients are giving, “Customer service should be made of expertise, reliability, and systematic implementation.”
- Capabilities – It’s important not only to have modern tools, but to understand the tools that customers are using. Why? “Because in a busy world, customer experience is also about making it as easy as possible to do business with you.”
- Consistency – “Customer experience needs to be seamless throughout the process,” and the level of customer experience should not vary – or at least not deteriorate. Companies must also ensure it’s not apparent to their customers if any parts of the customer service is, for example, outsourced, “This can be achieved with sufficient planning, resources, and cooperation, and by making sure that the channels and employees are adequately equipped.”
- Energy sector transformation at the centre of development.
- Distributed energy generation and the adequacy of power.
- Challenges and opportunities for energy storage.
- The digitalisation of service processes in the energy market.
- Hydropower, solar energy, wind power? – The benefits and goals of renewable energy sources.
For all upcoming events, visit the Event Calendar »
Symbio will be attending 600Minutes Innovation and Product Development in Finland on the 4th of April 2017
Chief Solution Executive, Symbio Finland