Sanjeev Mehra, Managing Director at Citibank Singapore Ltd, and Lars Sjögren, Executive Vice President at Danske Bank A/S, tell how to distinguish the future winners and losers in banking.
By Susanna Bell
The banks that will survive and thrive in the coming decade
1) Are highly connected to the ecosystems, especially to Fintech.
2) Have created highly nimble organizations with a customer orientated culture.
3) Are masters in leveraging the data they have in conjunction with the data out there in the social media.
“So these will be the core three attributes which will separate the sheep from the predators,” Sanjeev Mehra says.
Lars Sjögren concurs and adds future banks should
4) Package the best products of their own and other service providers for the customer.
“Many banks today have tried to lock in the customers using only their own products.”
5) Hire innovators and free them from the shackles of workplace red tape.
“But give them a tight deadline and follow-up on budget and performance!”
Get the Latest News
Events on This Topic
The most efficient working day. Insights and ideas from the stage and from a network of executives. The best solutions for your business challenges.
Meet executives with investment needs. Bring your solutions and insights to your most potential clients. 11 markets, 20 000 executives, guaranteed meetings.
Management Events brings together top-level executives and solution providers, providing high value to both parties. Our concept attracts 20 000 visionary leaders to our events in eleven countries, over 170 times a year. Management Events Surveys provides insights and trends for solution providers and executives, helping them gain deeper understanding of challenges and needs of the largest corporations.
Sorry but your browser screen is too small for this site.